This recipe is a healthy and delicious tea that can be enjoyed any time of the day. The ginger in the tea has anti-inflammatory properties, while the honey and lemon provide a boost of antioxidants and vitamin C. This tea can also be served cold, by letting it cool down before adding ice cubes and lemon slices.
- 4 cups of water
- 2-3 inches of fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Optional: a few slices of lemon for garnish
- Begin by bringing the water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Once the water has reached a boil, add the sliced ginger and reduce the heat to low.
- Let the ginger simmer for 10 minutes, this allows the ginger to infuse its flavor into the water.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and let the tea steep for another 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the tea through a fine mesh strainer, into a heatproof pitcher or a teapot.
- Stir in the honey and lemon juice, to taste.
- Serve the tea hot, with a few slices of lemon, if desired.
Make this during a hot sunny day and you won't regret it !